Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

quebec caribou

Old 07-19-2005, 12:58 AM
Fork Horn

Default quebec caribou

looking at booking a hunt with one of the best in the area, anybody have any good or bad to report. wanting early season, and were looking at expo sylva, jack hume, club chamboux, safari nordik, or any i forgot. whos the best in your opinions???
Old 07-19-2005, 07:48 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: quebec caribou

I researched all of em I could & am betting my $$ on Jack Hume Adventures. I'll be back from hunting w/JHA around the 16th, & will post a full report then.
Old 07-19-2005, 10:58 AM
Spike

Brad,
I've been with 5 different outfitters, 5 years in a row. I had good hunts with each, but continued to look for that "special place." I found it last year and am returning this year. Also, have another group of guys for '06. The name of the outfitters is Tuttulik. They are located on Lake Minto, the headwaters of the Leaf River.Check out their website - www.tuttulik.com
I've never been with Jack Hume, but I've heard nothing but good things about him.A few others that have very high ratings are Arctic Adventures, Ungava Adventures andHigh North Outfitting. All 3 have websites, so check them out. If you have any questions about Tuttulik, let me know.
Old 07-19-2005, 11:06 AM

There is very long thread on the Canadian forum that will take you an hour or two to get through. You'll everything you need though.
Old 07-19-2005, 12:01 PM
Typical Buck

I'm also putting my money on Jack Hume Adventures this year. Vic, what week are you going up? I'm heading up for the Sept 4 -11 week. Can't wait.

Good luck,

Dan
Old 07-20-2005, 06:48 AM
Typical Buck

Wow mustad, maybe we'll get to meet. Now that'd be cool! My hunt dates are Sept 9-15th. Man I hope we both get into em good! Like you said - CAN'T WAIT!!
Old 07-22-2005, 08:08 PM
Typical Buck

Im headed with Tuttulik in 2006. You cant go wrong with Hume or Tuttlilk.

Don
Old 07-25-2005, 05:15 AM

Hey guys,

I'm hunting with Labrador Outdoors Inc. http://www.bigstag.com/

We hunt from Aug. 26 to Sept 4th. Anyone heard of them?This hunt has been booked for 18 months. Can't wait.

I fly from Atlanta to Montreal toSchefferville, CA then on a float plane to the outfitter.

Anyone know of any good receipes for Caribou?

Thanks,
Old 07-25-2005, 07:50 AM

ORIGINAL: Don K

Im headed with Tuttulik in 2006. You cant go wrong with Hume or Tuttlilk.

Don
I'm planning for '06 also. When do you plan on going? I'm thinking early Sept. PM me if you would like to talk more.
Old 07-26-2005, 08:30 AM
Typical Buck

huntinwv,

I have the week of August27th to Sept 2nd booked with my group. This is the week before Labor day so it works out nice as it gives you monday as a extra day to relax and get things sorted out before you have to get back to work. The hunt starts on Sunday and ends on Sat.

I have room for a couple more guys in my group your more than welcome to join us.

Sending you a PM

Don