Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Automotive
Subaru Forester >

Subaru Forester

Community
Automotive No hunter is complete without a hunting rig. Find all your automotive needs here.

Subaru Forester

Old 05-14-2015, 09:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Subaru Forester

The oldest son had moved out awhile ago into a nice townhome with his fiancee. Things are going really good for them and the wife and I am so happy for them.

So it was another step to get her a nice car a step up from what she had. So they got her a new Forester. Nice little vehicle.

Now......

I can't wait until this winter when we get some real snow so I can see first hand just how great the Subaru AWD is. I know it is highly rated and I have always had a high opinion of Subaru's system. I just want to experience it first hand.

I really don't think I'll be disappointed but just want to see.

Last edited by uncle matt; 05-14-2015 at 09:11 PM.
Old 05-14-2015, 11:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

define real snow
Old 05-15-2015, 12:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Tundra10
define real snow
Well what I'm looking for here - for this 'evaluation" - I'd like a good base that's been around awhile and then say at least 6" of fresh stuff on the roads to see how it goes on the Yokohama Geolander tires. No real off road stuff just roads.
Old 06-01-2015, 10:28 AM
Typical Buck

My wife drives a Chrysler 300 with AWD. It tracks awesomely on the ice. The main issue with snow is depth, as it doesn't have the clearance of my pickup or old jeep. So if it gets much higher than that (or drifty), the underside starts dragging pretty good, which could eventually turn into a problem, lol. I imagine a Forrester would have a bit more clearance, but a lot of the new SUVs don't have a lot more than a passenger car. They won't fishtail much though.