2005 SHOT Show Day 2 - New Hunting Gear for 2005 >

2005 SHOT Show Day 2 - New Hunting Gear for 2005

Community
The Archives An archive of past HuntingNet Feature Articles

2005 SHOT Show Day 2 - New Hunting Gear for 2005

Old 01-31-2005, 11:23 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Day 2 - New Hunting Gear for 2005

Thanks for the updates and the pics Justin. Now I know who I am dealing with on a daily basis.... Looks like a great show. One of these years I am going to have to make the pilgrimage out to one of these great events.
Old 01-31-2005, 12:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have to say, the SHOT Show is truely an amazing event. There is really no way you can walk the entire thing and talk to all the people you want to talk to in just a few days. I'm starting in on putting some sort of organization to the rest of the photos and materials we gathered during our trip right now. Hopefully I'll get some of it up tonight, and then in a few days we'll have a complete writeup on the show full with all sorts of cool information and photos.
Old 02-01-2005, 03:01 PM

I just returned home from the show. 3 days of walking. I am exhausted. It was a fantastic show. I got to see R. Lee Ermy and talk to the Nuge. My friend actually got punched in the chest by the Nuge

My best experience? Other than free beer in some booths, Sig has a new 22 semi called the Mosquito. It's a significant step above the Walther P22 that was so hard to find a couple of years ago. Could not get any availability on that particular model, and Gemtech is working with Sig to come up with an adaptor for a suppressor. Pretty exciting stuff. Visited the Carbon Express booth, lots of product on display. Sako's booth was really interesting as was Leupold and Zeiss. There were some archery booths, but nothing like the ATA show. TruGlo was there (I use their quiver). If you are into LE, Blackhawk had a huge display. HS Precision had a really REALLY nice 50BMG on display along with their other incredibly nice guns. Checked out a Nesika display at the Dakota Arms booth. Held one of a 4 gun 240K dollar set from Perazzi (didn't scratch it). Tactical Solutions has a really nice barrel mod for the Mark II Ruger. There are really hundreds of more booths I visited in the three days we were there, but It seems like a blurr now after the Vegas hustle and bustle. It will come back to me later. I did see a girl from Huntingnet but did not get a chance to speak with her.
Old 02-06-2005, 10:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just put a big order into LVE Decals... So far, good service. I'll let you all know what I think of them when they get here! Too bad you HNI folks couldn't get discounts for us members.
Old 02-08-2005, 11:21 AM

Great updates and pictures. Thanks for taking the time to post it.
Old 05-15-2011, 08:29 PM
Spike

On the Water and In The Woods with Cody and Cody were up for best show on the sportsman channal.