Airgun Hunting The Silent Killers - Discuss hunting with airguns, equipment, tactics, and everything else

New pesting tool

Old 01-22-2017, 11:07 AM
Typical Buck

Default New pesting tool

So today I Got the new (to me) Benjamin Golden Eagle .177 put back together and I ran a bunch of shots through the chronograph with 8 grain pellets. The average was 988 FPS. The GAMO average was 823 FPS. Then I sighted in at 30 feet. I shot it and the GAMO about 200 times.

At 9:00 pm, the motion sensor alarm at the bird feeder went off so I got to test out the Benjamin from the bedroom window as he was eating bird seed.

Old 01-23-2017, 04:35 AM
Boone & Crockett

mmmm mmmm I can taste the pickled possum now!
Actually I'm contemplating getting a quality pellet rifle but not sure which one to get. I've been looking at Gamo Wildcat Whisper, Benjamin Trail, and Umarex Octane. My neighbor has about 30 cats and lets them roam the neighborhood for the most part. They've been using the sand bed for my pool as their own giant litter box. I told her and she refuses to do anything and the police are no help. So looks like I am going to take matters into my own hands and reduce the cat population whenever they come in my yard.