Community
Airgun Hunting The Silent Killers - Discuss hunting with airguns, equipment, tactics, and everything else

Winchester 77XS

Old 10-09-2016, 02:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Winchester 77XS

I recently purchased a .177 cal. Daisy 880 dual ammo, BB and pellet, pump up air rifle for the grands to shoot but it wasn't a good fit for them. They struggled to see through the small 4x20 scope and the monte carlo stock just wasn't a good fit for them. I returned it for a full refund and was looking at getting a Daisy Red Rider when I saw the Winchester 77XS. It was originally priced at $70 but was on clearance for $35. It is basically the same gun as the Daisy 880 but with a 4x32 scope and a thumb hole stock. I bought it, took it home and assembled it and within minutes I was shooting 1/4 inch groups at 20 yards with pellets. I checked Amazon and this gun gets a 4 out of 5 star rating from people who have purchased it at the full price. I always wanted to squirrel hunt with a pellet gun so I took it out one morning and although I missed a few shots I would have made with my 22 rifle, I still had some success. 2 reds and 3 greys and the most fun I've had in years of squirrel hunting.
Attached Thumbnails Winchester 77XS-winchester77xs.jpg  
Old 01-11-2017, 11:26 AM
Fork Horn

This is what it's all about. I always have a blast breaking out the airguns. the ONLY problem I ran into was wanting bigger and better shooters... I have moved up into the PCP world now and having even more fun with those!!!
Old 01-14-2017, 07:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, I just love the challenge of using this low end pellet gun because you have to get pretty close. I have a couple 20 cal. Sheridans that are more accurate and give you a little more range.
Attached Thumbnails Winchester 77XS-1025161515-00.jpg