Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Airgun Hunting
the best place to hunt for Squirrels >

the best place to hunt for Squirrels

Community
Airgun Hunting The Silent Killers - Discuss hunting with airguns, equipment, tactics, and everything else

the best place to hunt for Squirrels

Old 03-28-2016, 03:20 PM
Boone & Crockett

Yep, thank God for Boy Scouts!
Old 03-28-2016, 04:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
Just live trap them using salted peanuts in the shell and take them for a ride in the country. Use a piece of wire and wire a peanut towards the back of the treadle, then throw one or two on the ground outside the trap and another inside, the squirrel will eat those and when he tries to get the one wired fast the trap will spring. Make sure you cross a stream or river before you release them.
haha, I do live trap and relocate them all the time, seems if I don;'t go farther than say 7 miles they come back!
I have 3 like traps, and as silly as it sounds, its like a full time job here, as for every one I transport, it seems a new one takes its place just as fast!!
I live in a one road town, a dead end, its about 2 miles long, and the neighbors tell me every time they see a squirrel , they say, its heading to my place ! LOL

and its funny, I have hawks and owls and a LOT of foxes here , not to mention a few neighbors cats in my yard all the time, and Never EVER seen one Catch a squirrel on me here.

cannot even get help that way it seems

I also have a bunch of flying squirrels here too, but I'm OK with them, there only out at night cleaning up what the birds drop out of the feeders
and that's funny too, as most of my bird feeders are hung so grays cannot get to them, BUT a flying one can, but don';t LOL

the Grays are my only issue here really
just too many, and they breed too fast
NO one I know eats them, so I don't hunt them, as I don't shoot what I don't eat, and I don't eat em either LOL
Old 03-29-2016, 03:35 AM
Boone & Crockett

I did some experimenting by spray painting the tails of some of the squirrels, by doing that I found those that didn't have a water barrier came back, those that did have to cross water did not. While they can swim in an emergency, they don't like to.
Old 03-29-2016, 02:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

HAHA< my one property had a stream that ran thru the middle of it, one side was forested land, and other side was mostly crops
seen squirrels from tree stand swimming back and forth all day long on all day sits, carrying a full ear of corn in there mouth swimming back and forth
so, water here doesn't stop them
or not a 15-20 ft wide stream any how LOL

on the funny side, I have also sen MANY try to jump from branch to branch to NOT have to swim and miss and belly flop into the stream, makes time in the stand go by,
also seem a small spike buck once dogging a doe, do a jump into a deep hole, that had about a 10 ft drop from the bank into the stream, talk about cannon ball like splash
I still think of that poor guy as I doubt he had any idea the drop was that big when he was on her tail trying for love, to cut her of

she got away, and all he got was a cold bath LOL

the times you wish you had a video camera rolling!!
Old 06-15-2016, 07:26 AM
Spike

I like to hunt in South Carolina. You can go to here
Old 06-15-2016, 09:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by David Hawley
I like to hunt in South Carolina. You can go to here
Welcome, but could you expand on that first post a little!

6/23---I guess not seeing as how you haven't logged back on since you made your post!

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 06-23-2016 at 11:15 AM. Reason: add on
Old 06-23-2016, 11:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by eagle1209
Let's looking for a club to join, it is the best way
Huh? Please expand on that, as it is not making too much sense.
Old 07-12-2016, 03:37 PM
Spike

Arrow Pursuit Channel

Hey guys, since everyone here likes airguns you should check out our show, American Airgunner. If you like shooting or airguns, you will really like it. It is the only show I have ever seen that is all about airguns. Their website is below if you would like to know more information! Thanks!

http://www.americanairgunner.com/
Old 02-09-2017, 09:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

Welcome, but I can't tell what you're talking about since your use of the English language is not bad, but the words you used don't relate to a good English translation of what you actually mean. Sorry!
Old 02-12-2017, 11:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
Welcome, but I can't tell what you're talking about since your use of the English language is not bad, but the words you used don't relate to a good English translation of what you actually mean. Sorry!
He's a spammer. It clearly says he is from Mumbai India and all those underlined items are stuff he is pimping. I'll send a spammer notification as soon as I post this comment.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.