Community
Airgun Hunting The Silent Killers - Discuss hunting with airguns, equipment, tactics, and everything else

Ruger Impact .22

Old 06-19-2015, 04:35 AM
Spike

Default Ruger Impact .22

I just got a new Ruger Impact .22 pellet gun. I've never hunting with a pellet gun nor have I done any shooting with a pellet gun of this size and power. Have an old Crossman 760 since I was a kid and plinked with that, but nothing serious.
So I'm looking for any tips to get it ready to take out some tree rats and carrot munchers. I know everyone has opinions on which rifle is better, etc... but, this was given to me by my old boss and it feels real nice and solid. I haven't shot it yet, but plan to this weekend. Thoughts?
Old 06-19-2015, 09:41 PM
Super Moderator

Test more than 1 kind of pellet to see what shoots best. Shoot groups at different ranges so you know where to aim at those distances. Have fun and protect those carrots.
Old 06-20-2015, 05:35 PM
Spike

Thanks. I think I'll buy that assorted tin. Is there anything I can do to speed up the gun settling in?
Old 06-22-2015, 06:36 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by CalHunter
Test more than 1 kind of pellet to see what shoots best. Shoot groups at different ranges so you know where to aim at those distances. Have fun and protect those carrots.
I can't agree more with you .Sounds reasonable !
Old 07-06-2015, 11:54 PM
Banned

Hi
I also have problem same to you. Expect an answer