Community
Airgun Hunting The Silent Killers - Discuss hunting with airguns, equipment, tactics, and everything else

New Forum!!!

Old 03-26-2015, 05:35 PM
Super Moderator

Default New Forum!!!

Welcome all to the newest forum at HuntingNet--Airgun Hunting.

For all of the guys and gals who have been or are interested in airgun hunting, this forum is for you. Enjoy!!
Old 03-27-2015, 03:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

Cool! I've got an RWS Diana Model 34 in .177 that I've used to take squirrels, blue grouse, cottontails and snowshoe hares in my native CO. Airguns are a fun way to go after small game.
Old 03-27-2015, 03:52 AM
Little Doe Peep

Talking

I thought maybe it was like airguitar.
Old 03-27-2015, 05:11 AM
Typical Buck

I have a crosman quest (cheap, I know), but have taken to many piney squirrels to remember and a limit of grey squirels and one crow with it. Absolute ball to hunt with
Old 03-27-2015, 05:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great idea.
Now for the next question: If participation is large enough, will the supposed squirrel/rabbit contest be air gun only or blended w/the other weapons? Something to consider.
Old 05-25-2015, 08:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

66 years ago when I was a lad we had a 20 caliber Sheridan pump up air rifle took many squirrel with it and it was very accurate. I looked all over until I found a new one made by the company that bought out Sheridan and its hopeless it shoots a group as big as a soft ball at 10 yards.
My question is which ones can I depend on to be accurate?
Old 05-27-2015, 03:57 AM
JW
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by lemoyne
66 years ago when I was a lad we had a 20 caliber Sheridan pump up air rifle took many squirrel with it and it was very accurate. I looked all over until I found a new one made by the company that bought out Sheridan and its hopeless it shoots a group as big as a soft ball at 10 yards.

Look at the Gamo line.....impressed with the Whisper Fusion I bought for Grandkids....???? I shoot it more than them currently.

JW
Old 05-27-2015, 05:07 AM
Little Doe Peep

Wink

It would be cool if someone posted some comprehensive information about air guns, how they work, ammo, sound, cost, cost of ammo, and such.

It would be useful for those of us who know nothing about air guns, but might be interested.

Our governor signed a bill on May 13th, which clearly states that air guns are not firearms in this state, so not subject to the statutes regulating firearms.
Old 10-31-2015, 07:30 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by lemoyne

If money is not an issue, look into the PCP air rifles. The biggest part of it is having to buy an air tank (scuba or firefighter) and the din or yoke adapter. All runs about 200 bucks. The PCPs run between 300 and 3000 bucks not including scopes. Mine can DRT a coyote at 100 yards and I made a video today of me shooting a soda can at 100 yards. mine is a 25 caliber and they make em all the way up to 58 caliber