Community
Airgun Calibers Includes .177 up through.58 airgun calibers. Find out what airguns, calibers, FPS, FPE and pellets or airgun slugs have worked on different small game, predators and varmints.

Benjamin Trail .22

Old 01-22-2015, 04:47 PM
Fork Horn

Default Benjamin Trail .22

I guess I'm going to kick off this forum. I just bought a Benjamin .22 for myself, a Swiss Arms and Gamo Silent Cat in .177 for the kids. The only issue I am having is finding PBA Ammo for the .22. I popped a squirrel at about 40 yards with the Benjamin lead hollow points and it flipped twice then ran into a brush pile. About 5 mins later it came dashing out and into a wood pecker hole. What ammo are others using to hunt small game? I even hear of ppl taking yotes with .22 air.
Old 02-05-2015, 02:52 PM
Spike

I use heavier ammo in My air rifles. I have two PCP's intended for hunting use and they are both .25 caliber. As far as finding just about any pellet You may be looking for, Try PyramydAir.com. Now the lighter pellets shoot faster and flatter, but You can loose speed by using a heavier pellet and deliver a lot more kinetic energy as a trade off. Your .22 should have pulled the plug on that squirrel with just about any pellet used. My smallest pellet is approx 26 grain and got some cast up to 53 grain which used in My Sumatra gives a little over 100 fpe, wouldn't hesitate to take a hog with it.

Last edited by DirtyGator; 02-05-2015 at 02:55 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 03-02-2015, 06:29 AM
Fork Horn

That should have been a dead squirrel. You must not have gotten the brain or he would have been dead. I have a benji trail in .177, benji trail 2 in .22 and benji genesis in .22.. Either one of the .22's would kill a squirrel with a head shot at that distance.
Old 06-09-2017, 07:19 AM
Spike

I use a Benjamin Trail Rifle in .177 and it works great for any small game. I nailed a squirrel at 50 yards the other day and fell right off the tree, dead as a door nail. A head shot will drop one dead no matter the caliber.