HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - taurus raging bull 480
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2005, 05:02 PM
Ruger-Redhawk
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: taurus raging bull 480

Sorry but the Raging Bull can't compare to the Ruger SBH.The ported barrel on the RB is a nice feature if you can handle the muzzle blast.I'm sure this has been corrected by now. A few years back a friend who worked in a gunshop mentioned the RB were having frame problems. Something to do with the cylinder locking in.The Rugers as mentioned come with rings for the intgral mounting system.The Ruger are probably the strongest guns in the market.Ruger stands behind their products. If something is wrong they fix it. I had a 10 year old Redhawk just about rebuilt at N/C.On another forum I read where Taurus's service isn't the greatest.Ruger is Made in the USA,where the Taurus is Made in Brazil.Before buying check out www.gunsamerica.com They have new and used Ruger SRH's.It might surprise you how much cheaper you can get the Ruger off that site. I have a SRH in 454 Casull which is real impressive. Mine has the 9 1/2" bbl. I wish I would have kept the 7 1/2" I had.The 9 1/2" is on the heavy side.On Taurus's defense I knew a guy that had several of the RB's in 44 mag and 454 Casull. He swore by them.I did notice on his RB where the scope mount was attached it bent the mounting rail.I wasn't impressed with that.Do as you see fit but I think you'd be better off with a Ruger over a Taurus.

Ruger Redhawk