HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - taurus raging bull 480
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2004, 02:50 PM
docwv

Default RE: taurus raging bull 480

I have the Raging bull in .454 Casull and I love it I got it used though and it came scoped.

Do you plan to scope yours? If so the scope mount for the RB doesn't come with it and has a retail price of $ 49.00 ( blued or stainless)

Ruger on the other hand The SBH comes with the mounts and like has been said it's a Ruger

Muzzle blast with the ported barrel .... is loud without protection but that's another story with protection it's like anyother gun I've shot. I did get a pair of the electic muffs for Christmas and if I sit with it these will work fine but to try and stalk they amplify my steps to the point of that's all I hear. Not sure what I'd use to still hunt with it yet.

The needs of the many out weigh the needs of the few or the one

Yes Ne Hunter I am aware of the scope mount and rings not coming with the RB and yes I am planning on puting a scope on it. As for as the muzzle blast I am aware of that to as I hunt with a Remington 7mm STW rifle with a muzzle break on it. I allways try to shoot with an ear plug in my left ear due to the fact I shoot right handed and my left ear gets all the blast. Man is it loud when I forget it.

One of the other things that sways me toward the RB is the price. For about the same money as the Ruger alone I could have the RB with base, rings, and scope. The one thing that dose concern me is the long term use of the RB. I have heard that the frame on the Taurus guns have a habbit of cracking after a period of use. I am not sure what caliber or model guns they were talking about but that is just one of the things that I have heard. Thanks for all the info and if you or any one else has anymore info I would appreciate it.
Thanks Docwv