HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Best .270 Win for the money?
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2004, 11:55 AM
Bilge

Default RE: Best .270 Win for the money?

I've been looking at a Weatherby Vanguard for a while but since my Remington 710's .270 has been so reliable and accurate I can't justify the money for having two .270's right now. I don't think you can really go wrong with any of the rifles mentioned in this post so far. So, I'd sugjest you go look at 'em handle 'em a bit a see what appeals to you in looks, feel, function and price. My 710 shoots sub MOA @ 100yrds better than half the time and has a 60 deg throw on the bolt. It's never jammed and been through -6 degree temps to heavy rain. But there are a lot of people out there that for one reason or another hate my gun (probably a lot of the guys I hunt with since I've taken more deer with it in the past three years than thay have with anything else...hehe). I'm certainly not saying this is the gun for you, I just wanted to point out that the price tag shouldn't be your only guide. Pick what you like and what fits you and your budget, those hogs you'll be hunting won't care whether you killed 'em with a Remington, a Savage, a Weatherby, or whatever!