HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 257 Roberts +P Brass
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2004, 01:24 PM
Superpig
Typical Buck

Default 257 Roberts +P Brass

I have been reloading the 257 Roberts for about 5 years now. I have always used Winchester +P brass. I have seen cut aways of the Winchester & Remington brass. The Remington brass is not +P. My question is can the Remington brass be used for +P loads. I would think because case capacity is greater on the Remington brass that your pressure would be lower in these cases. I'm well aware that the 257 Roberts +P loads are still very anemic. The only reloading data that I can find that is loaded to the potential of the Roberts is in the Barnes Manual. I start with beginning loads and work my way up to max. However, I have yet to use Barnes bullets. My bullet of choice for deer so far has been the Hornady 117 gr. BT Spire Point. I haven't tried the SST's as my accuracy has been in the 1/2" to 7/8" range for 3 shot grups. I would like to know what brass and how hot you go on loads for the 257? All of the loads listed in the Barnes manual are much hotter than anything you will find in the Sierra, Nosler, or Speer manual. Your input will be greatly appreciated.