HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Traditions lightning bolt
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2004, 11:20 AM
cayugad
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Traditions lightning bolt

Kevin1 I agree that Tradition's makes a good muzzleloader. Also the results you have with your Tradition's in line does not surprise me. I did actually buy a Tradition's Lightening a few years back. It came from Cabela's. When I opened the box the way the rifle was assembled and the way the bolt worked and the fact the rifle was hard to cock, did not impress me at all, and it was returned. It could have just been a bad rifle. I own two Tradition sidelocks, and both of them are great shooters.

I do feel that the Knight rifle though, is one of the best in line rifles out there. I have no experience with the small disc your talking about. My Wolverine II is a #11 cap ignition and it works just fine. It was my understanding that you could reuse the plastic disc for a certain number of shots. Like I said, I have no experience with them.

I own some very inexpensive muzzleloaders, ($39.95 for a .54 caliber CVA Mountain Stalker would fit here) and they are excellent shooters. I was only offering a different option for the original poster.