HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Do you put a deer cam right by areas you hunt???
Old 07-06-2004, 02:57 PM
Dalejbrass

Default RE: Do you put a deer cam right by areas you hunt???

I would have to agree with Double Creek, but would also say that it has a lot to do with the area your hunting and the hunting pressure. If your hunting high pressure public woods, I would remove the cameras at least 2 weeks before the season opener or earlier - if it is in an area I was planning on hunting.

Some folks, like myself have 80 acres (that I also live on) and my resident deer herd are very comfortable with the game cams, fourwheelers, etc. Whitetails are one of the MOST adaptible creatures on this earth. They will tolerate quite a bit. The flip side of that is if you're hunting them, it doesn't take them long to pattern YOU! I still remove the cameras by Sept. 10th. (season opens Oct. 1).

I simply enjoy checking the cameras, developing the film and studying the deer. I have seen most of the deer on my property develop over the past 3 years. I currently have 5 mature does, 4 - 1 1/2 old does, 1 - 3 1/2 year old buck (that I've pasted on for two years) and 6 - 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 yr old bucks that are getting bigger and bigger each year.