HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Any Colockum Archery Hunters out there??
Old 06-19-2004, 12:44 AM
trapper T

Default RE: Any Colockum Archery Hunters out there??

I agree I think the state is doing this(Spikeonly) for alterior motives. I truly beleive that they aren't managing those herds for the herds benefit but for
1) money, at five buck a whack they get a lot of revenue from permit entries.

2) The state wants permit only hunting...period. One it will bring a greater revenue(they think) and two it will help them abolish hunting period down the road. When the put out a scare tactic story of how bad a herd is doing they can just close it off for good.

3) I've been in some "watchdog groups who through public documents found that the WDFW and the RMEF teamed up to get some of these restricitons and land closures.But if you are a RMEF sponsored guide guess what you get a key to get in behind the locked gates that we all have to walk through[:'(]

I acutally rifle hunt(not in the Clockum) and actually this year I'm going Smoke pole

I don't ever put in for permits, I don't beleive in them.MY HUNTING RIGHT IS NOT A GAMBLE! And I also don't believe in hunting leases ie: the PLWMA's I think that is wrong but this sport is going to the highest bidder and our state is helping it. I think you understand, with all that you do to battle the lefties from closing down the woods, you know hoe these Bafoons in the State work.

I see a day when I'll quit buying a license because of the resrtictions they' keep putting on but I won't ever quit hunting

They think they're generating revenue by doing this but how many do you know that live here, head to ID. or MT. or even OR. evry year to hunt? I went to MT last year, probably spent close to $2000 there too, $2000 grand a person is a lot of revenue I could've spent here...don't you think? They just don't get it and probably never will.