HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Tikka T3 Hunter in 25-06
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2004, 05:08 PM
Todd1700
Nontypical Buck

Default Tikka T3 Hunter in 25-06

Just got my newest addition to the fold today. It's a Tikka T3 hunter in 25-06 with a blued barrel and a walnut stock. Haven't had a chance to go shooting yet and won't get to until Monday. First impressions just from holding it and playing around a bit are all possative. The bolt action is slick as oiled glass. After cycling a few rounds through it I can honestly say that if you closed your eyes it would be difficult to tell the difference between actually chambering a round and just cycling the gun on an empty magazine. It feeds that smooth. In fact it did not even deform the lead tip of the bullets I fed through it. The trigger which is factory pre-set at 3lbs is the best trigger I have ever felt on a standard factory rifle. Breaks very crisp with no creep and can easily be adjusted down to 2 lbs if desired. The trigger can be used as a single stage or set trigger if you like. The walnut stock is very nice and the gun has a good solid feel despite its light weight. The barrel while certainly not a bull barrel seems thicker than a standard barrel. A lot of people don't like the detachable clip because it is not made of metal but it seems quite strong and literally jumps out when you touch the release button. I have no problem with it.
It came with rings to mount the scope and swivel attachments to attach a sling. It has a free floated barrel and supposedly must pass a factory accuracy test before its shipped. Gonna slap a Nikon Monarch Gold scope on it Monday and head for the gravel pit. I will report back to you then on the issue of accuracy.