HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Legal to hunt in your state
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2004, 08:22 PM
psandhu
Typical Buck

Default RE: I'll sweeten this contest

aww fook. it sold for one cent. the last auction for the same thing went for 7 bucks on friday, another one went for 4 bucks.

i put a "no reserve" price on it because ebay starts charging the seller depending on how the reserve is. i paid $24 for the 50 lbs of planting seed. 20 pounds of it would otherwise sit in my spare bedroom until next year. at least i can sell some of it and get my money back. my cost for 2 lbs is 98 cents. the buyer pays for shipping, and i get shipping envelopes from the post office for free.

as far as the contest goes, it can be run any way we want. i think pics would be good proof. heck, i bought a digital camera on ebay for $15 that's about the size of a zippo lighter (plus i have another one that is much better).

a point system for varmint birds would make it interesting. maybe something like 7 points for a pigeon (25 points if it's banded (i shot one before)), 6 for a starling (they fly pretty fast), 5 for a blackbird, and 3 for a sparrow. each contestant has a running total of accumulated points. if 2 or more people hunt them, the points are added up and split evenly between them.

i use a shotgun, not a pellet gun. i think shotgun shooter should have their final points reduced by 25%. people using a .22 should have it reduced by about 10%. pellet gun shooters get the full score. the last few paragraphs are just suggestions.