HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Ambushing
Thread: Ambushing
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2002, 06:13 PM
Bobgobble2
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Ambushing

Manybeards you make some great points and I certainly respect your opinion!Your certainly right as to its up to the individual to decide what he thinks is ethical or not as far as one's tactics used to harvest a gobbler.But I'm in it for the juice too,and when a plan comes together I get a pretty good charge out of it, and I must say that plan occasionly comes together without a call in hand or mouth.I'm sure you know this,but you dont have to bait,blow birds off the limb, or wait at the roost tree to kill turkeys.I'll reiterate what alot have said here that gives them a charge and thats hunting turkeys.Out manuevering a bird or the hunter that does his homework and knows where the birds are gonna be by his preseason scouting in my book are pretty credible.Obviously you would'nt hunt that way and thats allright,but I really feel that there is way to much emphasis put on one having to be a great turkey caller to kill turkeys.A combination of the two,"hunter and caller"to me makes for a more enjoyable time in the woods.IMHO!