HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Shoulder or Double lung
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2003, 05:56 PM
Coastie
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Shoulder or Double lung

BJ, I have been hunting and shooting for nearly 50 years. I understand what shot placement means and I too have seen more than my share of the results of poorly placed shots. I have tracked more than my share of wounded animals and do not wish to do it again but I know I will simply because some people will continue to use more gun than they are able to handle efficieltly. A big bullet delivered at sufficient energy in the right place will undoubtedly do the job on anything you can imagine. That same bullet used by a person that flinches everytime he/she drops the hammer on that particular rifle is going to result in missed, or worse, wounded animals. Better a person use an adequate rifle and cartridge and be proficient in its use than go for something out of their league.
My only intent when I posted above was to provide the point of view of a man, who was in his lifetime, a highly respected member of the hunting community a peer and valued friend of Fred Bear and a person I had met and found to be intelligent and straight forward in all aspects of hunting.