HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Concept Archery Bows
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2003, 09:22 AM
ampahunter
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Concept Archery Bows

I had the opportunity to shoot a demo Concept 99 just a few weeks ago. The draw weight was set @ 60#'s, but felt more like a 50# bow on draw, quite comforting. The launch of the arrow was amazing, fast and smooth. I was impressed, as I shot three arrows @ 17 yards and they were all touching each other. Not something I usually do just off the bat!
The sight window gives allot for movement, the grip (for me) could have been better, and the 'screw' used in the cam for the cable lock stop at full draw was 'not' appealing to the eye--looks like a repair you would do in the feild--I'm sure/hopeful there will be an improvement here.
I was concerned about the adjustment for the let-off with the split design module, and would have liked to know more of how that worked.
Nevertheless I really liked the speed, how smooth the bow was and also the weight of the bow---as well as the ATA.
Now I'm waiting to try the Bow Tech 'Liberty', could probably be either or...but then again I will still have to try the new Hoyt .
It's unfortunate here in Southern Ontario the Bow Tech & Hoyt dealers are 'few & far' apart. Same goes for Mathews. We are really lacking the 'stocked' professional Bow Pro Shops up here. It's always a extended 'WAIT" trying to get one of these bows.