HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Looking for hunting group or partners for SDakota
Old 08-05-2017, 08:45 PM
Redfeather
Spike

Thumbs up Looking for hunting group or partners for SDakota

Longtime hunter from Oregon finally retired and looking forward to hunting pheasants in South Dakota this fall. Have talked to a few lodges and uguide but wondering if there are people looking for hunting partners or extra hunters to fill out their group? This is my first time to SD so I don't have any resources or contacts. Would love to find a friendly group that wouldn't mind an extra gun and assistance in getting the birds up. My brother may also be interested in coming along. Hunting in SD has been a dream of mine for years and got serious about it last year but couldn't pull it together. Ready now! Thinking about November 1-20, sometime in there. Dates are flexible. Have hunted pheasants off and on in Idaho on my uncles farms and in Oregon many times. Used to have a GSPointer yrs ago and want to get another but our chocolate lab passed away couple months ago and not ready for a new dog yet. Love dogs and enjoy meeting new friends.
If anyone has an opening I would appreciate hearing from you and if you can direct me to other sources that may be helpful that's good too.
Best of luck to everyone this fall.