HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Airbow?
Thread: Airbow?
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2017, 02:49 PM
stalkingbear
Nontypical Buck

Oldtimr, I understand your position, but if I remember correctly, YEARS ago, in certain states, gun season overlapped with bow season, and to this day, you can bowhunt in modern rifle season, but have to follow all blaze orange requirements when doing so. How would it be unsporting if it were allowed during crossbow or gun season? It surely don't have any range advantage over the better crossbows, has extreme disadvantage compared to modern rifle, and for those of us that cannot physically shoot a bow anymore, or cock a crossbow, I'd think it would be welcomed to permit people back hunting when they thought their hunting days were over. We all need to get less hyped up on small details, and band together o form a united front against those that would take away our firearm and hunting rights. Quit bickering amongst ourselves. The exact same thing was said when the compound bow was invented & went "mainstream", and likely had been said when self contained cartridges was invented or even recurves.