HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Load suggestions for Remington 760 30-06.
Old 07-21-2017, 04:08 PM
Topgun 3006
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Berserker
I use standard Lee dies. I have only shot 180s. Partions, corlockts, and interlocks. For me the partions have done the best. I wasn't getting as good of groups with hornady interlocks. Corlocts were just factory loads.

Old thread. But I keep hearing about small base dies. No idea what they are to be honest. Other myth I read about is poor accuracy. I have mine handloaded to 1". It does heat up, have to stop after 2nd shot, if you are looking for grouping. Which may be where this myth came from.
Seeing as this thread you brought up is 9 years old you might want to know that of the above members there is only one that is still active on the site. As far as what a small base die is, all you need to do is a simple google search and you'll find what you want to know. What do you mean that you handload to 1"? From what it sounds you may want to do some reading BEFORE you do any more loading on the bench after reading the comment after that 1" statement!

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 07-21-2017 at 04:14 PM. Reason: spelling