HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - treestands
Thread: treestands
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2017, 08:50 AM
mrbb
Nontypical Buck

if yuou can enclose in the treestand, they can be a bunch warmer, keeping wind off you
I also find using the two person like stands more enjoyable and once set up, , some extra
straps or brace and maybe only going up about 2 sections high, can offer better views,
and if enclosed it keeps your movements very well hidden , and maybe help make you feel safer , not being up[ as high?

as for a tip, and I have been doing this for many yrs now, I have a Lone wolf climbing stand(a few other brands too but prefer this one for this)
I carry JUST the seat climber with me and hunt from the ground a lot, it gets me up off the ground some to get me better views(some what), no more wet worries to sit on, and can be placed on a decent sized tree to help break up my view,
I added a Summit seat as there way more comfortable than the lone wolf deal.
so, its a nice change from a tree stand, doesn't weight very much, can throw it over my shoulder using tree attaching strap and works as a sling to carry it!
if you hunt land where thief isn't a worry you can place out and leave there and not have to carry, can add a plastic bag to keep seat in to keep it dry when you leave too!