HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Help me pick a .22 rifle
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2017, 05:32 PM
mrbb
Nontypical Buck

the CZ Is a great rifle, and everyone I know of was super accurate to boot!

as for 22's, a 10/22 is a great little gun and if you buy USED,they can be found rather cheap and you can build it as you want it, sky's the limit!
very few folks ever shoot out a barrel in 22's, just don;t get that hot or fast to wear a barrel out without a LOT of cash down the bore, all the more so in today's era of ammo being scares at times for them or super pricey!
a friend of mine was a shooting professor at a collage that had shooting program and had 22's there that were 30+ yrs old and grouped small groups, and had tens of thousands if not hundreds out of them, when the school finally upgraded to new guns, he bought most of them and we had them out countless times (used to shoot 22 ;s for money with 22's for fun, smallest 10 shot groups at 50 yards) and some out shot some of my best 22's.
so, just cause something is used, doesn't mean its shot out as many think(sold guns and heard that line all the time, how a GUN was supposed to have been shot out??, loved it when they said that on pistols too, and then would explain how much it would costs in ammo to honestly do so LOL)