HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Opinions about buying camo...
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2017, 12:13 AM
hunterdave1277
Spike

Personally, I look at quality first. If it's not quality and 100% WATERPROOF, I won't even bother with it. I have a variety of brands ranging from Under Armour, Scent Blocker, Drake Waterfowl, etc. As far as patterns go, I have all types and use what is necessary for the conditions and time of year. I also don't skimp on the base layer. A good base layer is worth it's weight in gold.

If you are looking to buy some, in my opinion, spend the money on quality, not quantity. Depending on your financial situation, it may take you longer to acquire your collection, but it will be well worth it when you are out there in freezing conditions getting snowed on or pelted by freezing rain. Look at ebay, you can often get really good deals on some of the high end hunting clothing.

Under Armour seems to make a lot of women's hunting clothing and in my opinion, you can't go wrong with UA gear. They have a good variety of cold weather and scent blocker material. The storm front with inferred technology seems to work the best. It's pricey, but tough and will stand up to any condition.

Last edited by hunterdave1277; 03-29-2017 at 02:01 AM. Reason: Added a couple of thoughts