HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Greenswamp wma hunters
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2017, 11:40 AM
mvmnts
Spike

Hey guys. New here as well, I found this thread searching for hog hunting green swamp. Figured I'd register and post a few questions. I've never hunted Florida before, I usually hunt out of state with my grandfather, but this year I've got an itching to get out and do a little more hunting than usual. I missed all the seasons really but thought I'd go out for small game in green swamp this weekend, and maybe green swamp west next weekend and beginning of march. Got my license and management area permit already.

1) I called the FWC with some questions and they said the 471 check station doesn't open until 530. Is there really that many folks out there early in the morning that you have to arrive an hour early and wait in line to get a hog permit, even during small game season?

2) I'll probably call and check on this, but shotgun is legal to take in this area as well? I don't own a shotgun right now so I was going to do some still hunting with my bow. Probably no chance in hell, but at least I'm getting out there and learning some things.

3) Is it generally pretty busy out there for small game season? I was kinda expecting it to be quiet, but sounds like I need to be all oranged up and getting out there early.

I read an article about them trapping up a bunch of hogs back in 07'. Are they still running that program? How has the hog population been since? Seems like it's tough hunting out there.