HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Greenswamp wma hunters
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2017, 01:30 PM
I AM THE WOODS
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Central PA Sportsman
Hey guys. Just joined the Huntingnet site and thought this might be a good thread to look into. I don't do much on the computer but am trying to make a better effort. I'm looking to do some hog hunting in the central Fl. area at the end of Feb. 2017. We come down to the sunny south every winter for a week or 2 and because of an understandiung wife I usually get to hunt a few days. I've hunted hogs in Green Swamp, Croom and Hilochee. Usually hunting only when small game season is open which means no centerfire rifle; hunted with a pistol and a slug gun. Have killed a few small (100#) hogs but am still looking for something with tusks. Thinking I should try to get on some private property (not typical for me, I'm a DIY public land hunter). If anyone is interested in working with me I'd appreciate it. I own a campground in central PA and am adjacent to 200,000 acres of huntable State Forest land. Would love to work out some type of hunting or fishing swap deal. Thanks for reading, replying and providing any useful advice.
Best bet in this area is public land, people are purty greedy with private access around here...Pry the best small game season for bigger size hogs is in Green Swamp West WMA near dade city, they have 2 hunts last weekend of Feb. And first weekend of march they are fri.-sun. Hunt days, but its first come first serve, I beleive 60 permits, so gotta be there early to wait in line(pry 4 or 430 am) at the latest to be sure to get a hog permit