HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Swhackers
Thread: Swhackers
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2015, 03:06 AM
rockport
Nontypical Buck

Default Swhackers

Well Ive discussed how this is a terrible broadhead design so I took a picture to show why on the latest wild goose chase I was called to brought on by these broadheads.

They give you one good hole....if for whatever reason you don't get a pass through they give you a single one inch slit.......BY DESIGN even. I just can't imagine why people use these things.

Now I am pulling this hole open with my thumb. That is it.....shoot a quartering deer and hit bone on the backside or guts on the backside(guts will plug the exit) and that is what you have to work with.....a tiny one inch slit where as the deer moves the layers shift (hide and muscle) and you end up tracking a deer with a one inch surface wound.

I know people will say "well if you hit it right they work" this is true but I could say the same about the $10 broadheads from wal mart

I found this deer through persistence, knowledge of how deer travel when hurt, and luck.

This particular deer was one lunged and exited the gut leaving the exit plugged and no blood from the less than adequate entrance wound.

Last edited by rockport; 11-16-2015 at 03:13 AM.