HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What brand/model crossbow should I get.
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2015, 02:17 PM
pricedo
Spike

Talking Finally getting into bow hunting

Originally Posted by one eye joe
Best bet is to go to a store with a large selection and try as many as possible (at least shoulder them if you can't shoot them). One or more will feel "right" and you should concentrate on those. There are a bunch of nice bows out there, and only you can tell what fits you best.

For long life performance with minimal maintenence, you should look at recurves like the Excalibur line. Simple and easy to work on. JMO
I've had an Excalibur Exocet 175 recurve and a Reflex Grizzly (Hoyt) longbow that I bought years ago hanging around the house as dust-a-rounds and I decided I either had to either sell them off or get into bow hunting.

I'm told that they are older bows but will definitely do the job in regards to deer and moose hunting so I'm going to spend the winter getting to know the weapons and get my proficiency up to the hunting level of competence by next moose hunting season.

What made me decide to keep them was the much longer season allowed in my area for bow hunters.