HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - First deer
Thread: First deer
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2014, 11:01 AM
buckman11
Typical Buck

I shot my first deer when I was 11. I had been killin rabbits for years but that was the first year my dad let me hunt deer. it was on a Saturday afternoon and about 30 degrees, we were huntin out of a tree stand and about to freeze. it got to be about 4:30 and we were thinkin about headin out when I felt a leaf fall on my shoulder I turned around to brush it off and seen three does and a nice buck about 300 yards off on the neighbors field. we watched them for a little bit and then we seen three white tails run away so we thought they left. about five minutes later a 10 point buck walked out at 80 yards. my dad was lookin away and didn't see him. I said "dad don't move i'm gonna shoot". I pulled back the hammer on my single shot .223 put the crosshairs on his shoulder and shot. he dropped in his tracks. upon butcherin him we seen that the bullet hit him in the shoulder, broke in half one half stuck in his shoulder and the other half bounced around, broke through a rib, punctured a lung and logged in his spine. turns out it was a very lucky shot. iv'e shot a lot of deer since then but no trophy could ever replace that one.
Attached Images