HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Poaching is WRONG!!
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2003, 02:02 PM
rather_be_huntin
Typical Buck

Default RE: Poaching is WRONG!!

I don' t know if any of you have ever been truely hungry. I mean haven' t eaten in a few days and you have no idea where your next meal is going to come from. You' ve eaten only enough the last week or so sustain your life but you are losing strength fast. I' ve been that hungry before. I once was in a hurricane while in south america. I ate bugs, snakes and iguanas until we get some help and got out. Once you get that hungry you change, you go back a couple thousand years and you' re running on instinct. A deer no longer looks like a nice trophy, its the most delicious steak you' ve ever had in your life on legs and thats all you can think about. You can' t think about much else but food. A lizard will look like the best brownie you' ve ever had. I don' t think many of you have ever been that hungry but I think you would change your tune a little when it comes to poaching when your starving. If you were that hungry poaching laws wouldn' t mean squat and that I guarantee you.

A human life IS more important than say a mule deer. If I encountered a man truely starving like that and he was poaching, I' d help him clean his deer and get it home. However I do believe in our society it should be such and incredible rareity that we many of us never even hear of a case in our lifetimes.

Zero tolerance should apply to drunk driving or something like that.