HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Poaching is WRONG!!
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2003, 04:32 PM
krombig

Default RE: Poaching is WRONG!!

Good post. I agree with you. Accidents happen, and game which isn' t in season do in fact get hit. Or game that has been wounded by pure accident need to be put down. I personally do not see any wrong in those cases, even though they are technically illegal. But it seems like some people have a black or white stance on this issue. It' s either black or white, no gray....period. Seems most think that if it' s illegal, you' re a poacher....regardless of the circumstances surrounding WHY the game was killed.

Your mention of the guy who hunts with every intention to violate game laws and break the law is what people should be against. But if a guy violates laws to put food on his table, it' s a totally different situation. It' s like a catch-22. Yes, he is breaking the law, but how can you wrong a man who simply wants to provide for his family when he has few alternatives.

When it comes to survival, people do strange things. Why do hookers exist? Because little girls across America dream and aspire to do that? Why am I outside splitting firewood? Because I like doing it? No...it' s because if I want heat, then I NEED to get to chopping. I hate it, but it' s what life dictates is necessary at the moment.