HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Species Specific: Fox, Bobcats, or Coyotes
Old 03-27-2013, 03:23 PM
Nomercy448
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
greys will absolutely run over ya, reds a very volume sensative, I know nothing about calling cats and yotes but I know foxes
RR
Ah yeah, I should have mentioned, most of what I hunt are reds, a few swift when I get out west, and very few greys mixed in here and there.

Definitely agree with Ridge's statements, both for grey's coming in hot as well as reds having 'sensitive ears'. Thanks for the post RR, my fox calling isn't nearly as robust as my cat and coyote calling, but I've always had good luck the few times a year I do end up going after fox instead of coyotes, so I like to think it's not just coincidence!

Ridge, since you're over east (east of me at least! haha), do you see any real difference in terrain where you'd find fox versus the coyotes you see out there? So much of Kansas is wide open, the entire dang state is coyote territory, so our fox are stuffed into rather few pockets where we have good wood cover.

Do you see any difference in areas that have more wood cover available that fox tend to favor one area over another?

Last edited by Nomercy448; 03-27-2013 at 03:25 PM.