HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Boycott Colorado Hunting!!!
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013, 09:13 AM
Topgun 3006
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by SakoBavarian
I think everyone is entitled to their opinion so I'm not having a crack at anyone but why does someone need a 15 or more shot pistol when they go hunting? or even a single shot pistol for that matter?

We arent allowed to hunt with pistols and going through the rigour to own one is enough to put you off buying one in my country but I've knocked plenty of animals without needing anything like that.

As for the protection side of things I understand where people come from e.g. I have a semi auto pistol to defend myself from a bad guy with a semi auto pistol. But here our semi autos were taken away about 20 years as well as the bad guy so now no one needs to them to defend themselves against someone else who also doesnt have one if that makes sense? anyway as I said I'm not for tightening gun laws or anything thats just my two bob of what its like here.

I personally wouldnt boycott a state for that reason though because there are a lot of genuine hunters and agencies that would need the financial support from hunting revenue
It's with your exact mindset there in Australia that you don't have the right to own much of anything and why you need to keep it right there!