HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Boycott Colorado Hunting!!!
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013, 07:46 AM
Proverbs
Spike

Hunters, recreational shooters, competition shooters, those who want to be able to protect themselves and families with a firearm, and anyone who enjoys using firearms in any way must stand together, or else we will be dismantled piece by piece by the antis.

"Why do you need a firearm with 15 rounds to hunt?" is not an honest question. It is meant to divide hunters from other shooters. Divide, then conquer.

If you think your firearms and love of hunting is safe because you use a bolt-action or single-shot only rifle, you are wrong and have a very limited understanding of how the antis work. It is up to you to read up on their tactics, and to see that their current plan here is the same as they used in parts of Europe and Australia to disarm almost everyone. Right now, Hickenlooper is playing the role of useful idiot to pursue his own political career. He does not care about the Constitution or hunters.

Out-of-state Colorado hunters (myself included) should boycott this year. Colorado reaps hundreds of millions from non-resident hunters, and this will show Hickenlooper the pain he's bringing to his state. I typically spend $1,500 to $2,000 in October in CO. Not this year. Me and my group of 4 have changed our plans and will probably head to Wisconsin instead.

NOW is the time to take a position. Not in a year or two, when half of our 2nd Amendment Rights have been stolen, and you realize you were wrong after they propose legislation to outlaw hunters' rifles.