HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - First shot: Savage Axis 7mm-08
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 09:10 PM
handles II
Fork Horn

Update:
Sorry it's been so long but the wrestling season came into play and coaching took over my time. I got out with the Axis finally over christmas break. It was less than ideal as my bro-in-law asked to have me help sight-in his new muzzleloader, and said he would have everything set up. 1. he forgot sandbags 2. earmuffs 3. his bench. So we ended up resting across the hood of his pickup using my gun case as a rest. It was about 10 degrees so shooting with gloves on, but mostly calm winds.
Long story short...trigger problem is gone. Snipping the trigger spring made a world of difference in trigger feel and overall shootablity of this gun. I really like it. Accuracy was good considering. Under 2 inches@100yd for every 3 shot group, with two shots sticking closer than an inch and a user/conditions error shot to spread things out.
I'm very much liking the simplicity of the streamlined clip, and the gun looks pretty darn good to boot.
I'd certainly recommend this for someone with a low budget...or just wanting something new. Do the trigger work and you will be pretty happy with this rifle. I'm taking it out for my next coyote hunt.