HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - How do you hunt when its full moon?
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 02:22 PM
Cypress32
Spike

I think they are coming out too late Im gonna have to only hunt mornings. Had one come out to my 4-wheeler right before dark. He blew at it but didnt seem to alarmed and just walked back into the woods and I could hear him feeding and eventually he just walked back towards a known bedding area behind me. I swear thats deer #4 at this same stand thats come up to my 4wheeer. I outta just bathe in cover scent and sit on the damn thing with some buckshot. Its probably that same big 8 pointer because he isnt bothered one bit by it. Usually he just gives it a little blow but I never hear him running off until Im getting out of the stand and sometimes not even until Im almost back to it. Hell I outta put antlers from a previous kill on the seat facing the woods where he comes out, spray my 4-wheeler with some dominant buck and see if I can hear him ram it. Then when he knocks himself out finish him off with my .45

Will try same stand tomorrow morning before class. Had pics last week of a 6 pointer I let walk at the end of last year's season. Seems hes a nice 8 now and only likes feeding in the mornings just like he did last year and only started showing up in late November. He had a friend with him, another nice 6 but havent seen him yet. Hope no one got him cause he should be nice as well and with rut over they should be hanging out together again.

Last edited by Cypress32; 11-28-2012 at 02:24 PM.