HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Ruger M77 Mark II , Trigger is hard as hell what to do with out spending big $$$$$
Old 06-27-2012, 10:44 AM
fritz1
Nontypical Buck

That is fairly tipical of the Ruger MKI's. I done a trigger job on both of mine, got the trigger pull down to about 1 1/2 - 2 lbs. Both break clean as a glass rod. It is a very easy prosess, take it out of the stock, remove the pin that holds the trigger in place and polish it were the trigger and sear meet. I used a fine diamond hone to do mine because stainless is hard, and the diamond stone will remove the material alot quicker. Do it a little at a time and reassemble it and check trigger pull till you get it where you like it. If you take off to much it will go off when you drop the bolt, if you do this pull out the sear and remove a little from it to take up what was removed from the trigger, I did that on my 223, not a problem to fix. I did my own and saved about $250 and both of them have better triggers than my rifles that have custom triggers on them. Becareful not to lose the spring, and DO NOT modify the spring, it will cause the trigger to have creap if you try to shortening it.

Last edited by fritz1; 06-27-2012 at 10:55 AM.