HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - cva wolf or optima
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2012, 07:39 PM
Breechplug
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by pluckit
If you or anyone sees the Acura V2 go on sale please let us all know.
Back when Cabela's had the ACCURA V1's on sale I bought 1 for $299.00 plus some kind of a discount from them, possibly a $25 off cupon on orders over $150, so I got it for $274, I think they also had FREE shipping.
I think I paid around $400 for my first ACCURA in Camo/SS. I'll keep a look out pluckit, Im sure there'll be a good deal on them soon as Hunting Season's in many places have come to a end.
I already have 3 ACCURA V1's 1 is still Brand New in the Box. I did THINK about getting a V2 as I love the Accura but just because you get a quck release breech plug and some rubber on the stock and forearm does'nt justify the added price. Im not a fan of rubber on any forearm or stock as it can make some noise when you least want it like a Squeak from your hands on them. And I could care less about a Breech Plug that comes out with a turn of the hand as I have never needed to remove my breechplug quick for any reason. I can survive using the BP wrench when getting it out for cleaning, it only takes a few seconds.
But if I can get one for a good enough Price I just may get one....but then you know what happens, you buy one then the next year they come out with something New and Better. That's why Im still satisfied with my original Accura V1's.
(BP)