HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Laser designators
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2011, 02:26 PM
Scottdnramember
Fork Horn

Default Laser designators

ok, New to yotes but not new to hunting by a long shot. From the trail cam pics and observation while deer hunting since September, it looks like the coyotes are almost completely nockturnal. I'm in a semi residential/Rural area with a bunch of open and wooded land behind me, some of it mine, that I can hunt. We have coyotes and I would like to them gone, plus I'd like to shoot them.

Now, my .223 with red dot upper is fine but limited even at night because of course, you still have to see what you are shooting at for both ID and good aiming. I have another target upper, scoped that is a tack driver and I've been looking into laser designators. (night vision is out of my reach financially)

Questions I have are:
1. Does it cast a beam that you can see accross the field that might give you away to game?
2. Does the laser harm the eyes of game that you might light up like deer? (I don't want to blind all my deer around here)
3. What kind of input can those of you who have them give me.

After Deer season is over, I'm going to do my level best to take out these critters before they decimate my deer. What say ye brethern?