HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Oklahoma Hog Hunting
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2011, 10:59 AM
Alltlk4
Fork Horn

Default Oklahoma Hog Hunting

First off I want to say that any info that you can provide would be most helpful. In the past I asked a similar question but I will try to be more specific. Basically a group of ours are going to Oklahoma to hunt hogs on public land the week of March 11th, 2012. For reasons to hard to explain we must stay outside of Lawton at Lake Lawtonka. We have one lease for the week to hunt hogs but not for the whole group. The rest of the crew will hunt the public land. I have been looking and talking to Oklahoma agents about the amount of hogs in each place. However I would not be doing enough if I did not get feedback from other hunters. So these are the ones that we feel are close enough to drive to.

Cross Timbers WMA, Altus-Lager WMA, Grady County WMA, Gist WMA, Sandy Sanders WMA, Mountain Park WMA, Wa****a WMA, Fort Cobb WMA. Any Info would be most helpful to try to plan a sucessful trip.

Also I have heard that Packsaddle WMA has plenty so I want to see if it is worth the drive.

We also would not be against another cheap lease in the area, a place that a landowner would allow us to hunt, for a fee of course where they have hogs. We have all our own gear just need a place.

Thanks in advance and I would be willing to share public land info for Deer hunting in NW Missouri if you are interested.