HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Spooked buck
Thread: Spooked buck
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2011, 07:46 AM
RenaissanceBiker
Typical Buck

It worked and I got him. I was a little dismayed Thursday morning when I checked the sign in board and saw that someone else was also hunting that area. The old guy must have given that advice to him too. But I saw that hunter at lunch and he said he was going home. I sprayed the buck urine and left. Friday morning I hunted a different ladder stand then went back to this section. I didn't spray any more scrapes but I found a new one near another oak grove. I hunted that from the ground. Near sunset I hit my doe bleat a few times. As it got too dark to see I heard him grunt from the other hill side. I thought, "Now I know where you sleep." I didn't hunt Saturday for domestic reasons and stayed at the party too late. I finally convinced the Mrs. to go home at 1 AM. Fortunately we only had to walk across the street. I got up at 4 AM and got ready to go. I went back to the end of the road and climbed a small pine about 50 yards from the original scrape. I had a nice sweet gum branch screening my lower body. It was 37 degrees (3 C). Around 11 AM things got very quiet so I decided to try rattling. He came out about 10 minutes later looking for a fight. He stopped to check that scrape and I took him down. I think I'm prouder of this one more than any other because of all the work it took to get him to come back to that spot.

Last edited by RenaissanceBiker; 10-31-2011 at 07:50 AM.