HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What to do if shot deer goes on posted land?
Old 10-15-2003, 06:22 AM
benhuntin

Default RE: What to do if shot deer goes on posted land?

, how do all go about getting permission to hunt or track on posted property when you down' t know the owne
I always have the name and numbers of all the adjoining landowners surrounding my hunting area. I ran into the same problem a few years ago when helping a buddy of mine track a 6 pt. he shot on 140 acres. The deer crossed the property line and so we left our bows on his property and continued to track the buck. Another hunter walked up on us and we told him what had happened. He was a real jerk about it and told us to get off the property. I asked him if he owned the land and he said no. I told him I was getting the deer and if he had a problem to go get the landowner. He left and that gave us just enough time to find the deer and drag it back to our property. Since then I visited every surrounding landowner, (including the one in the previous story), and introduced myself. Since that time I have had to call two of the landowners when a deer crossed the line.
They were both very nice about it.
If that guy you ran into wouldnt give you the name of the landowner I would have continued to track the deer and tell him if he didnt want to tell me the mans name
then he must not mind if I track my buck. Im a very reasonable person but very stubborn. Worse case scenerio, misdemeanor trespassing charge.