HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - How bad are Barnett crossbows?
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2011, 07:21 AM
Michlw39
Fork Horn

see my posts in the quad 400 thread. The problem is that it's illogical to use anecdotal stories and apply that single story across the whole. That's just ridiculous.

A LOT of what goes on is this: operator error. A hunter screws up a shot and blames the bow, the bolt, the broadhead, etc. Kind of like if I shanked a shot on the golf course and blamed my driver. I mean, do people actually realize how ridiculous they sound when they do this?

I'm not saying Barnett's are the greatest bow on the planet. I've had great success with mine and have used the money I've saved to buy other things I need for hunting. That doesn't mean I won't look at another bow or try different things out.

But I also know I'm not going to cross any product off my list based on some anonymous Internet poster's bad experience with said product--or especially if that person blames the product for missing a deer.

Lol.

Not saying it occurs here (I've seen no evidence of it yet), but here's another reality about the Internet world: companies employ hacks to traverse the Internet and start false rumors about competing products and puff up their own. If you don't think that kind of crap doesn't happen, I've got a bridge or two to sell you.