HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Anyone use Fusion ammo??
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2011, 09:43 PM
New York Hunter
Fork Horn

Thanks guys.

My friend has had really good luck with 165 gr. Fusions in his Remington 7400 30-06. Out of the 6 or 7 deer he's shot using them only one failed to go all the way through. It was on the largest deer he shot using them. IIRC it was a 10 point that dressed out around 175 lbs. It was quartering away from him at about 50 yards when he shot it. The bullet went in behind the last rib on the left side and went all the way through the right shoulder and was held in by the skin. The deer went a few yards and tumbled. He brought the bullet in to work so we could see it. It was pretty close to twice it's size and mushroomed perfectly. The bullet stayed together really well.

He's not a gun guy at all, but he's a big deer hunter. He finds something that works and sticks with it. And he swears by the Fusion's that he uses. That's why I tried them in my 308 Win. My 308 shoots just about anything I've shot through it really well. It'll shoot just under an inch if I'm up to it with the 165 gr. Fusions. I'm going to have to try them in my 280 too!

NYH!