HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Anyone use Fusion ammo??
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2011, 06:36 AM
emtrescue6
Typical Buck

I am not a big fan of fusion ammo...I rank it up there with the Remington Core lokt's...it will do the job, but not as well as a premium bullet. Considering you want to use the same bullet for several different game of various size, choosing a premium bullet will serve you much better. There are many different premium bullet manufactures out there that make a good bullet that can be had in factory ammo, Speer, Nosler, Hornady...

I can't speak to the 280 rem as I don't have one and never have...but I can speak toward the 308. I have several and have loaded for and hunted with one for years. In my .308's I have a fond preference for Nosler bullets....especially the partitions and the newer AccuBonds. For the game you describe I would highly recommend the 165g Nosler AccuBonds or even the 165g Nosler Partitions. Both are highly accurate and effective and can be hand-loaded for or purchased in factory produced ammo like Winchester Supreme, Federal, Nosler and other brands. The 165g bullet is highly accurate in the 30 cal guns, especially the .308 and will have the energy to get the job done on any of the game you mention.