HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - WY DIY Archery Elk
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2011, 09:22 AM
KeystoneBob
Spike

Talking WY DIY Archery Elk

Hello Everyone. This is my first time in posting anything to a computer but figured I'd give it a shot. I was successful in the Wy general draw this year. My intentions are to use the tag for a DIY archery elk hunt with a few well proven DIY elk hunters. We have been going to Colorado for several years now and for a couple of reasons we decided it was time for a change. The biggets reason being were the amount of people we were running into with the OTC licensing system they have there. So with that all I am looking for is anything to help us get pointed in the right direction as far as some decent areas we can investigate. We typically like to set up a dispersed drive to base camp as far off the beaten path as possible and then either hunt from there or some of us may opt to spike out a couple of days at a time. In my preliminary overview of the states general areas I have come up with three general areas that look like they may hold promise. The WY Range in the BTNF in the western part of the state, The Big Horns in the north central, and the Sierra Madre / Snowy Range in the Medicine Bow NF in the south central.
If any one out there has any experience or general knowledge of any or all of these areas I would really appreciate any and all feedback. Thanks.