HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - bows...shooting question
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2011, 09:28 AM
Alpha Capo
Nontypical Buck

Default bows...shooting question

I havent shot a 3-d meet in 10 years or so.

i normally shoot 45-50lbs bows...at 20 yards...but i recently picked up a CM longhorn at 56# and it zips an arrow pretty good..... i notice im more consistant with my elevation with this bow...and when im off a bit its left or right by a hand or so....

with my 45# Attila when im off its usually up and down.

i notice that im more consistant with my 56# bow and ive only had it for a few weeks.
now i know that the bows are 2 different bows but with the CM Attila wich is 45# im missing up and down so its not a form problem its an aim problem.

with the Longhorn its left and right so im doing something with my wrong with my wrist...i can tell when i release when its good or bad...so i need to just keep shooting that bow a little more...i know how to fix it...i just have to be conscious of it when im shooting.

I guess my question is do you guys notice that you are more accurate with higher poundage bows??? What Poundage do the better 3d guys shoot???? Im thinking i might want to try a bow in the 60-65 lb range. Im comfortable with the 56lbs. and i think 60 would not be a problem. what made me really want to try a higher poundage was seeing some footage of Ricky Welch and how flat that arrow was out of his bow...and just how accurate he was with it.

Last edited by Alpha Capo; 03-04-2011 at 09:39 AM.